Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Staircase Trail

With Geoff being away these next few months I've tried to make a point to do adventurous things with my lil B to help the time pass. Having this blue-eyed nugget in my life definitely brings so much joy to my everyday, but I don't want to gloss over the fact that some days are hard too. Geoff's strong presence is definitely missed. Some days I even feel lonely, which is sort of a weird thing to say when I have a job, hobbies, and sweet friends here to keep me busy....but I guess even after 4 years of settling into the PNW, a girl still gets homesick. And with the absence of Geoff from our day to day life that has become even more apparent to me lately. These short day trips with my little man are such beautiful reminders and spiritual reflections of the blessings God has put directly in my life. This year hasn't exactly started off as planned; with the rejection of a potential career path, the loss of a baby, and Geoff's quick deployment, I see God telling me He will fight for me, "I need only be still." ...That seems to be my biggest obstacle as of yet. ;)

Side note: I'm currently watching The Bachelor and reminiscing of days with Geoff, as we watch this show, psychoanalyzing which girls will make it to the end and why. Fun fact: we've never finished a season of The Bachelor together because he's always pulled away with a deployment or training. #firstworldproblems

So, tell me more of this Staircase Trail you speak of Lindsay? Oh, the point of the post...right.
I planned a little day trip with B to get outside and explore on a dry day with the sun shining. This past weekend was perfect for just that! I found this spot about an hour from us in the southeastern corner of the Olympic National Forest. I actually ended up getting lost, saw some cars in front of me that 'seemed' to know where they were going on this unpaved road, and just went with it! (in the safest way possible, obviously;)

We found a few trails and opted for the shorter 2+ mile one. My inner mom brain started to rapidly think about all the potential possibilities that could go wrong while hiking alone, so I stalked a few sweet girls to buddy up with during the hike and they happily accepted my stalkish offer.

Here is our day together perfectly captured through a lens...











A little boy-time pit-stop to dig through dirt and throw rocks...


This round face melts me to the core y'all...



It was so darn adorable to see him freely exploring, getting dirty, and squealing down the trails...



Dirty boy butt... <3



These views, y'all! They're unreal...I had SUCH a fun day with my little sweet one and can't wait to plan the next one!! Spoiler alert: the next one will probably be with his MiMi!! *holds in scream* She is coming out here in one week to stay with us for two whole weeks!! Maj girl time y'all!!!


While I wrote this post...this scripture popped into my mind and I wanted to share because it totally encompasses where I am now and faithfully trying to meet God on a daily basis.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declared the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks as always for reading! I sometimes hesitate to write such vulnerable posts...leaving me feeling a bit...exposed. But being transparent for the sake of vulnerability can be so freeing, and I thank y'all for that outlet!

Lemons to Love,

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love Staircase. We hike that at least once a year! SO beautiful up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so beautiful! It will definitely be a repeat this Summer when my husband is back. :) Do you have any other favorite hikes or waterfalls you'd suggest?
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhhh the beauty of your posts. Lemons to Love here it is. 💙💚💛💜💟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...it means a lot! And don't worry, your hearts came through! :)

      Delete
  3. Those were supposed to be hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lindsey! It's been so long but I just stepped into your world (other than Instagram) and you'll always be one of my Heros-- through your spiritual thoughtfulness, positivity, and Mama style. The twinkle in your eye for Geoff as y'all dated, as y'all married and now (an now for baby B) is so inspiring, and sweet. Miss you, girl! Much love to the family and you! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See message below *finger pointing down emoji* :D

      Delete
  5. Liz! You are so so sweet to say those things about me. Your sweet words and continued following really means so much to me. <3 Hope you're well and I get to hug your neck one of these days!

    ReplyDelete