Monday, March 21, 2016

MiMi's visit, part I

It's your lucky day, y'all! I've decided there's just too many pictures and too much fun for me to squeeze MiMi's visit into one post! So part I you shall have, and part II you shall get. :)

I strategically planned my mom's visit right around the middle mark of G's deployment. Ya know, for obvious reasons like a morale booster, I'd need the socialization, and I'd probably be needing a grocery run by then. ;) Kidding y'all...I am a grown up now, well, mostly. To say I was excited for her arrival would be an understatement. Our house hadn't been so clean since I don't know when, and I was just so looking forward to the in between moments together of quality time and girl talks. It was also refreshing to cook for another adult again who appreciated a home-cooked meal. Sometimes I think B would just be okay with a squeeze pouch, but he enjoys what I make for him too...which is also sometimes a squeeze pouch. #realtalk

Mom arrived on a Monday and we got right to the girl time with a glass of wine and an episode of The Bachelor. We settled into our roommate status right away and enjoyed the 2 weeks we had together.

My first order of business on my day off was to take MiMi to one of our favorite spots up here. Can you guess? :) I'll give you a hint....it's Mt. Rainier. Huge spoiler, I know.

A few days before we went, mom shared she'd never been sledding before, like ever. Which I guess I never had either before moving out here, so it was high time we made it happen for her! Of course about an hour into the drive I realized I forgot our dang sled, but you better believe I asked a stranger for theirs and played the whole 'hey, my mom is from Florida and has never sledded before...' routine. Hook. Line. Sinker. It actually took some solid peer pressure from the sweet lady who let us borrow her sled and me to convince my mom to trek up that hill and give it a whirl! I was relentless and she caved. I was so proud of her for doing it too! She handled it like the boss she is. #yougogirl

We had such a fun up there, and I especially loved seeing B and my mom play around, making memories together. Mom confession: I lost one of Bs gloves and forgot his snow pants (such a rookie!) but he seemed to handle the frost bite well. ;) Kidding. He was fine. But I will remember our snow gear for next time -- momma needs to conquer that skateboard-sized snow wall for her next sledding trip!






^ ^ ^ Some real life photography captured there! :)




^ ^ ^ Haha! Fall #1 of....


^ ^ ^ Post peer-pressure! ...Now come the action shots.




Below is the view from the top of the sledding run. It's kind of hard to see the scale, but it was a pretty impressive creation the Park staff put together!




^ ^ ^ Uh oh, fall #2. :D


^ ^ ^ B, back at it again with the selfie stick.


And I'll leave you with this sweetness. ^ ^ ^

Stay tuned for MiMi visit, part II. :)

Thanks for reading!

post signature

2 comments: