Monday, September 14, 2015

A letter to B on his first birthday

To say I have a found a deeper love in being your Momma would be an understatement. When you first came into this world  I had no idea the effects you would have on my heart. I loved you instantly because I knew you were mine, that God had chosen me and your Daddy to raise you into this world. The love I felt was a different kind of love, a love I feel God reserves in the hearts of Momma's and Daddy's just for their children. And you my sweet B have continued filling that spot ever since.

Your spirit-filled personality lightens up my world. You challenge me to be a better person and see the world a little brighter. I pray for you every night, before I drift into sleep, that God watch over you and lead me to be the best Momma I can be.

I don't have this whole parenting thing figured out...and between me and you, I probably never really will, but I promise to try my hardest to raise you in a home where you know you are loved, even when I'm angry, know you can, even when you fail, and know your Heavenly Father, even when you stray.

Happy FIRST birthday sweet B! Momma and Daddy love you so!











"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

Thank y'all so much for following along in this little life of ours. I've loved sharing little blips of our lives out here in the PNW. I started this blog to journal our lives together, to feel closer to our family and friends, but it's been so much more than that for me. It's been a place of joy, celebrations, and something I can look back on years from now and remember the beginning of our story together. I've loved sharing each milestone of B's life and can't wait to see what the future holds.

As always, thanks for reading! I'll be posting pics of B's birthday celebrations up here soon.

Lemons to Love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment