Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Mt. Rainier, Sunrise Point

Last weekend we crossed off another hike on our PNW wonderland tour and the wait for nice weather was definitely worth it! These views, y'all, I could've sat there for days staring off into the horizon never boring from what the skies had to offer. It was beautiful blue skies with sweeping panoramic perspective of perfection (my mom should be proud of that alliteration right there). Sunrise Point is actually the eastern side of Mt. Rainier, the other side from what we're used to seeing here and here. It's the highest point that can be reached by car and reaches a *comfortable elevation of 6,400 feet (text from National Park Service website).
*Edit: hiking at a higher elevation always humbles any physical endurance I think I've accomplished during my weekly exercise routine...really brings my heart rate and heavy breathing RIGHT on up to the equivalence of a 3rd trimester taking the stairs type of scene.

Anyway, not a pretty picture. 😜 However, I'll tell you what is ...please scroll further to find out.












^^^This little guy may be nearing his end in family hikes. 😧 He's usually a great car companion, but this particular trip he screamed for basically the last 1.5 hours of the trip. Then once we got to the mountain and he was freed from the torture device (known to us as a car seat), and he was like oh HECK NO, you want to strap me into another contraption?! *sigh* We tried to give him breaks, but even those weren't very 'freeing', ya know, hence the massive drop offs that gave me anxiety to even think about.  Thankfully this hike was on the shorter side so we called it quits and let him roam near the designated picnic area. *massages temples for relaxation*

^^^Anyone else singing "The hilllllssss are aliveeeee..." *followed by a few twirls*






^^^Picnicking with a toddler means they eat wherever the heck they want to. Shoot, I honestly don't even care if he actually eats, as long as he's happy!! He can eat in the car on the way home! Can I get an AMEN?! 🙌🏼#rollwithit

^^^This kid, obsessed with dirt, rocks, trucks, and more trucks. I secretly love it when he's covered in filth after playing -- makes me feel like I'm doing something right as a mom. 😅

^^^This is Mt. Adams, it's about 50 miles south of Mt. Rainier. It sort of looks like Mt. Rainier's little sibling, doesn't it? Hey little buddy! 🙋🏼


And that's our hike to Sunrise Point!! It's so pretty, y'all! A definite recommendation for anyone looking for a gorgeous hike (check), with views (check) and differing levels of hikes and distances (check check).

Only a few more weeks of summer left...and many more miles to map out!

Don't forget to check out my video montage below! 🎥▶️




Thanks for reading!

Lemons to love,

post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment