Friday, November 6, 2015

Mt Rainier in the Fall - Panorama Point

What?!! A hike?? To Mt Rainier? I know, I know...how original right? :) Well, in my defense...I hadn't seen Rainier in the Fall -- and instead of considering every season here other than Spring/Summer (depressing) I figured I'd give them all a fair shot. I'm officially biting my tongue because I sorta am lovingggg fall here, foggy and all. The color change might not be as long (or even vibrant) as the South *enter bias here* but the PNW is showing me all she's got and I'm diggin' it. The panoramic views of mountains as far as the eye can see just isn't something my camera can do justice -- you'll just have to take my word for it -- and continue below with mountain views and B's beanie cuteness...





We stopped about half way up to breathe, *me* grab a bite to eat and soak in the views. B was so proud of himself for walking up and down the uneven paths, while we ate a 'relaxing' lunch and prevented rocks from being consumed.

Small world story from the fella who took our pic below. They stopped for a little breather right next to our picnic spot and I overheard them telling someone they were visiting from FL. Anyone who knows me up here knows that as soon as I hear anyone mention a state east of Texas my ears perk up! Anyway, I asked them where in FL and wouldn't you know it they were from Jacksonville! Halla! Home town shout out comin' loud and clear!









Just a man and his mountain *cue Eye of the Tiger*





For the trip back down the mountain Geoff and I switched 'gear' ... Carrying that load of solid chunk up the mountain gets harder as he gets heavier. Weird, huh? I dunno though, Geoff pulls off the baby carrier pretty well, don't you think? :)



Andddddd scene. He didn't even make it all the way down before passing.out. It was such a sweet family day. I cherish these moments together with my two boys more than I can put into words. *heart emoji*

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed today's post!

Lemons to Love,

post signature

1 comment:

  1. omg linds, these pictures are unreal, makes me feel like i'm there!! Girl could make some dough doin that! Love that you ran into a jacksonvillian up there, so random, just as random as running into them in Costa Rica. We are everywhere! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete