Monday, June 22, 2015

Our first Father's Day

Yesterday was our first Father's Day and oh what a great one it was. Geoff has always been more than I could ask for in a loving, supportive, encouraging husband...but to see him as the father of our little B fills my heart beyond measure. Some dads so easily take the light off themselves to allow the light to shine on their spouses and mother of their children. So, this year, on our first Father's Day, it felt really special to redirect that light where it more than often rightly deserves to be shone.

We originally had plans to meet up with my girlfriend from  back home who was over in our neck of the woods...but, well, let's just say there was a slight miscommunication/lost in translation moment where I thought she was near us, like in our state and ended up being in Canada...there is a Vancouver, WA and a Vancouver Canada people...I'm still kicking myself for not clarifying that aspect with my friend and missing out on such a good thing *tear* but I digress (I still miss you Steph!).

So instead, we rerouted our plans for the day and headed to brunch on the water followed by another visit to Tommie State Park with some friends. Just a slight redirection and we were still on track for celebrating my main squeeze.

Cue sappy music and lots of chicklet teeth smiles...




This pic is blurry, but I don't care because their cuteness together trumps a bad pic ;) They love each other soi!


Kissing his new baby brother *cue the awws*










Thank you, Geoff, for constantly giving me your light when there are too many times, my love, where it should've been appointed to you. You're the best of the best!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there, near and far, you are loved and appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Lemons to Love,


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment