Friday, May 30, 2014

No Butter, No Sugar, No Problem! Homemade Blueberry Muffins

In honor of our current houseguest,  and my favorite Father-in-law, I've found all the more reason to be domestic this week and cook up some good ol' fashioned home cooked meals. Specifically on topic today, some homemade wholewheat blueberry muffins...yum. This is the third time I've whipped up these deliciously delightful breakfast treats so I figured it was high-time I write up a post for them!

I got the recipe over at FitSugar.com. It's quick, easy, and they're some of the best muffins I've made...all without the help of sugar, eggs, or white flour! You get your sweetness from the agave, maple syrup and blueberries. Those things really know how to pack a punch of a sweet candy taste straight from Mother Nature herself.






Homemade Wholewheat Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy milk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup light agave nectar
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. 

2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.

3. Whisk oil, soy milk, maple syrup, and agave nectar in a bowl. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients; fold in blueberries.

4. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until muffins are golden brown and a knife comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes depending on oven.

Nutritional stats per muffin: 221 calories, 10 g fat, 1 g saturated, 30 g carbs, 10 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein


PS...I've been posting some other yummy meals on my Instagram account, y'all should come check them out! Click on the icon to the right to find me.

Enjoy!

Lemons to Love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment