Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas, from me to you!

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope you are enjoying this joyful day with family and loved ones...in this season of love and giving, sharing in whatever traditions bring you happiness!
I wanted to share a quick post with you on a few Christmas preparations I've been working on for our guests tonight.

I've been frantically working on a partial one room makeover the last few weeks and have almost completed all my little projects. Even though it's not a very large space, there are so many little pieces that have to come together to make it the 'whole' look I envision...in all my DIY projects and preparations I have grown to a new level of appreciation for those who have worked on other room (or home) make overs! Whew! It's a task I tell ya! But oh-so-worth-it in the end.

Our dining area was just screaming for a little facelift, heck, even a light mud mask would do! So I dreamt of fabrics, patterns and paint, and what DIY skills I could pull out of my bag. On my wish list were the Dining Chairs, Dining Table, DIY cowhide rug, and DIY roman shade (coming soon). I'll be sharing each project and it's progress in their posts later on, but for now I wanted to share with you my Christmas decor and tablescape for our dinner guests! Last week I posted my No Mantle, No Problem solution and here's what I've been working on since then...




A little Christmas vignette with my DIY Nate Berkus tray, vintage gold glassware, and DIY deer silhouette (post coming soon!)



I was able to use these vintage Christmas dishes and some crystal glassware I've collected, but the main show is my grandmother's wedding china...after losing her this year it really means a lot to have a piece of her in our Christmas feasting and festivities.



(Spotted: my DIY cowhide project!)


Isn't the gold greek key fabric to die for??! They were a last minute project purchase after a BIG fat fabric fail from an online order! Guess everything works out just as it should :) I'll be posting a before and after of these golden goddesses later on!




Sweet baby Jesus...all 8 lbs 6 oz (*shameless movie quote*)


Cheers! From our home to yours.



"Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be for all people. For to you is born, this day in the city of David, a Savior Who is Christ, the Lord." - Luke 2:10-11

Joy to the world...The Lord is come!

Lemons to Love,

Lindsay

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog by adding your email under FOLLOW ME, right under THE 101

You can also follow me on Instagram @lindsgc1105 and Pinterest @lindsgc1105

No comments:

Post a Comment