Friday, July 19, 2013

Before and After - Mellow Yellow

Happy Friday everyone! It's another one of my favorite postings in the Drab to Fab section!  I'm not sure I've mentioned this enough yet, but I sorta really kinda lovee restoring old classics to a new classiness.   A small dream of mine would be to share my vision and excitement of creative design in furniture with others!

Can we say Cott Creative Design in the making? We'll just have to wait and see! I'd love to buy pieces and restore them for clients, work with them on their style and have it come to life as a new fabulous addition in their home! I may start small, buy pieces to restore and reupholster them, and sell them to furniture lovers like myself. With a piece of furniture, swatch of fabric, and splash of color any room can be brought to life...a statement piece can really add personality to your decor style!

When it comes to our home, I'm trying to bring a cohesive feel to each room by creating a little more adult and a little less 'newly married with mix and match furniture'!  In my attempts, I've tried to style with more cool, calming tones in the larger pieces and add pops of color with my textiles and accessories.  It's coming along and providing that homey feeling I'm looking for, but sometimes I'll hear a voice repeating patience, patience, patience with the next project I have in mind! Come to think of it, maybe that's Geoff's voice? : ) Regardless, I know it takes a little time and in the meantime, I'm enjoying the process of creatively designing on a budget.

Recently, we've made a few changes, additions, and subtractions to our furniture inventory. and let me tell you, it wasn't all that easy to say goodbye (you might be a hoarder when...). But with every piece sold ($cha-ching$) comes creative design at it's best. Out with the old and in with the new, right?!

This bright and cheery, high-gloss yellow was perfect in our previous home, but just as people evolve so does our style.  The yellow just wasn't workin' for me anymore.  The poor thing needed a good sanding and repaint, stat!  This piece was actually my Granny's.  It was an old Zenith (remember those?!) TV console she and my PaPa used in their old house.  Needless to say, it was stickin' around for good.

Here she is before ...



And, after ...
I love all her details in the doors and curvy legs! I think the white accentuates them a little better!



I feel like I'm just beginning to scratch the surface and have so much to learn and improve on, but I'm excited to see where this creative passion takes me!  I love her new home in the living room, now all she needs is a little styling and accessorizing for a completed look. I'm also thinking about changing her hardware to some fun pulls, but haven't decided yet.  What do you think? Seen any cute and stylish accessories you think would look good on her?

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for being a part of my journey...one creative design at a time! 

Lemons to Love,

Lindsay

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog by adding your email under 
FOLLOW ME, right under MEET US : )

You can also follow me on Instagram @lindsgc1105 and 
Pinterest @mrsc110511

No comments:

Post a Comment