Thursday, January 16, 2014

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (Find out what it means to me)

That's exactly what I have for all bloggers, web designers, and graphic design peeps out there. I've been channeling my inner nerd the last few days working on this new look for my blog.  LtL has almost hit the one year mark for posting, sharing, tweaking and learning so I really wanted to give her a fresh, new easy-to-read facelift. I've learned so much (& yet so little) over the last year from other fabulous bloggers who've inspired me to put on my big girl blogger bloomers and add some new bells and whistles to the site.

My most favorite addition to LtL so far are the social media tabs! Check 'em out...aren't they the cutest?? I found a super helpful tutorial from blogger Every Little Polish for step-by-step instructions on how to add these pretty lil' gals onto my blog. She even shared her watercolor design of the social media icons for others to use! (Thanks Every Little Polish!) 

Now, all you have to do is click away and it will link you directly to all my social media sites. Whoop! Whoop! NERD ALERT! Have I mentioned this was a really exciting addition for me? I consider myself pretty tech-savvy, but web coding/editing/HTML-ing is not something I am typically familiar with. So after a few tons of hours sitting in front of the computer it finally all came together. Let me tell you, getting those little buggers added to this page was one of my bigger accomplishments of 2o14. 

Ok, ok quick your snickering and go check out all my social media sites! 

I'd love to hear what you think about the new blog design...hopefully it's 'cleanliness' allows for better reading and navigating.  And if you have any tips for this newbie coder/web designer *er* blogger please share in a comment below.  Over the next few weeks I'll still be working on a few of the graphics for LtL so bare with me through the 'construction phase'.

See you on my other sites and please share with your friends! :)

Thanks for stopping by.


Lemons to Love,

Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment