Friday, November 15, 2013

Transition into Thanksgiving

This time last year I was eagerly awaiting for Geoff's return and our first Thanksgiving together.  It was just going to be the two of us, but I prepped, planned, baked, and decorated for the Brady Bunch to show up. I love the holidays...they instantly give me a sense of family, love, and joy, and being that Geoff was my new family I wanted to start our own traditions together (even if we weren't hosting 20 people for dinner)! It made me feel closer to home and to the rest of my family by putting special thought and details into our Thanksgiving meal and tablescape. (If you build it, they the feeling will come!)

So for today's post, I wanted to share with you the details that went into our romantic table for two (and secretly hope for creative juices to start flowing for this year's table! I have no idea what direction I want to go in and we actually have guests this year!) Hallelujah! I love hosting get togethers!

An intimate table for two...


The menu was designed and printed on Word...I loved coming up with each menu item description! After typing up the menu and choosing a font I just printed it out on 'fancy' card stock paper I had left over from Our Wedding DIY projects.



I also printed out our own place setting (you know, so we'd know where 'everyone' was sitting) ;) I used the same 'fancy' card stock from the menus and cut a small divot in some wine corks and voila!




(This also gave me the perfect excuse to use some of our wedding china...Halla!) We already had these gorgeous glass candle sticks from Pottery Barn to add height, dimension, and soft candle light to the table. I topped the soft white table runner with (another) Mother Nature's own maple leaves and small votive candles throughout.


The spread...
As you can see from the menu, we had quite the feast for two! I just couldn't help myself from making some of my favorite Southern traditions for our first Thanksgiving together. I'm pretty sure most of them will be making their way back on a comeback tour to the Cott's Thanksgiving table this year! and the dessert...well, I might just have to post the recipe for the that one! It was brand new for us both last year and quickly became a favorite sweet treat to repeat.



Bon appétit!




And there ya' have it folks! Pretty simple really, it only took a little time, creativity, and ink to make this Thanksgiving feast come to life! Now I'm off to start prepping for our turkey trotters and friendly feasters...I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here! What plans do you have this year for your Thanksgiving get together?

Thanks for reading!

Lemons to Love,

Lindsay

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog by adding your email 
under FOLLOW ME, right under THE 101 : )


You can also follow me on Instagram @lindsgc1105 and 
Pinterest @lindsgc1105

No comments:

Post a Comment