Monday, July 8, 2013

Motivation Monday

Buckle your seat belts people, because you're getting two for the price of one! That's two Motivation Mondays for the small (motivating) price of one positive posting : )

I took a short blogging siesta while Geoff and I prepped our home for two very special house guests ... my mom and dad! They flew on over to our neck of the woods from FL for a long 4th weekend. We got our party, talk, and quality time on, but more on that later this week!

Last week I was presented with an opportunity for work that was, well, outside my comfort area and norm.  I've been looking for a little extra work in addition to nannying, so I spread my work wings and flew on over to Microsoft headquarters for a temp job!  As I stood there waiting for my new badge, I overheard conversations consisting of virtual islands and thermal imaging. um, what?? Listen, I looove me a nerdy nerd, don't get me wrong ... but this was a person's light n' casual conversation! Meanwhile, I wanted to chat with the girl in front of me on whether she had seen the newest episode of The Bachelorette!  Instead, I embraced my new temporary world and thanked God for new things I get to experience.

This mindset inspired me with last week's Motivation Monday's quote :

Oh Walt : )

Which lead me to this week's quote :

Author unknown.

Thanks to my curiosity of temp work, I was inspired for the long haul.

What sort of new doors have you opened lately?


Lemons to Love,

Lindsay

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog by adding your email under FOLLOW ME, right under MEET US : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment