Sunday, April 21, 2013

Family Motivation

Nothing's more motivating for getting to those pesky to-do lists then having company coming to town! This month, Geoff and I are super excited to host our parents...our very first house guests!  First, we have Geoff's dad coming to pay us an extended visit, followed by my parents at the end of the month.  Seems like April snuck up on us and is now almost over! So in between the busy-ness we create in our lives, I try to find the time to organize, create, craft and clean my way to the end of the list and to my happy place.

First on the list was the Haute Horse print in the Living Room. Check.



Second, organize (um, clean the piles of 'crap') in the Guest Room to actually function as a guest's room. Check. Check.



Next, I wanted to spruce up the back yard a bit. Now that the weather is showing glimpses of Spring, I wanted to revamp the table I have outside. It's an Ikea table I found on Craigslist for half the price! So, I taped it off, gave it a spritz of spray paint and added this herringbone design to the top.  And what good's a table without chairs?! I found these lil' guys on Craigslist as well and gave them a fresh coat of green spray paint! I wanted a pretty bright color to contrast with the table and bring a little life to the (intermittent) gloomy weather. Now all they need are some comfy cushions for the tushes and maybe even a cute outdoor rug?!




Finally on my list, repaint the Living Room desk for an easy-to-look-at inspiring space to make.work.happen! Project status: still in progress:)

I've got a few other crafty creations brewing in my mind (i.e. a canvas painting for the bathroom, DIY lucite jewelry tray for the vanity, and a few other furniture redos around the house...but those will just have to wait, won't they?

What sort of home-improvement projects are you working on in your humble abode?


Lemons to Love,

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment