Friday, March 29, 2013

That's One Haute Horse

Lately, I've been crushing on the charm of the equestrian life.  I've really been wanting scratch my equestrian itch with a large scale canvas in the Living Room. Unfortunately, it seems as though my taste out weighs our budget (anyone have a 90% off coupon handy?!) But what kind of a DIYer would I be if I didn't find inspiration all around and turn it into a cost-conscious piece all of my own?! Not the kind I'm striving to be at least. :) So I began my search and came across these amazing pieces that got my creative juices flowing...

Aren't they just the perfect mix of class, beauty, and a hint of sexy? ;)

 (Design by Thom Felicia)

I am just loving the added glamour of the lacquered/high gloss finish to this one, I think I'll try that myself!

(unknown source)

 (unknown source)

(unknown source)

*sigh* baby steps little DIYer, baby steps...

So with these images as my inspirations, I started on an equestrian image hunt for one of my own.  With a low cost budget and little time to make, here is the piece as it all came together...




I really couldn't be happier with my DIY lacquered horse print! Although not quite at the scale of my inspirations, it's exactly how I hoped it would turn out at a fraction of the cost! I love the lacquered gloss look I was able to create. I might even make another one with a different print and try to get it big, BIG this time!

What do you think? What inspires you? Art? Music? The people around you?

I'm starting to get the Spring Fever...with all the bright colors popping up around us, who knows what you'll find for the next inspiration in your life?! Oh, the endless possibilities...

Now, off to my creative corner to finish the empty space next to my new Equestrian Friend! He definitely needs a friend or three.



Lemons to Love,

Lindsay

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog by adding your email under FOLLOW ME! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment